Saturday, April 23, 2016

Omg stuff

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I've been gone for sooo longgggggggggggggggggg

So time to catch up.

Reiko's grandmother stayed with us for about a week.  She is seriously one of the nicests people I have ever met.  She loved to help me with any problem.  She helped me finish my very hard homework too!  GOd bless her!  She made delicious food and was very funny.  SHe kinda adopted me as her own grandaughter during her stay which made me feel very welcome.  I was very sad to see her leave.  At least I'll get to see her at her house in Kobe during Golden Week!

I have been attending school at Ohtani for at least two weeks now.  It has been nothing less than amazing.  Everyone is super nice to me and I get lots of attention.  People walking past me in the halls smile or get all jumpy and squeal and yell "KAWAII" !  It is pretty amusing.  I get twice as many stares when I walk to school in my uniform.  My friends laugh at all the stares I get as we walk together.  I have also almost been killed by bicycles about a million times.  Taking the train to school is crazy though.  During rush hour everyone is crammed like sardines together.   I am a 2nd year in homeroom B.  My classmates are all so wonderful.  Some are very active, some are more reserved.  I can see the shy ones work up the courage to talk to me.  It's kinda cute!  Anyways, I have so many awesome friends!!!  They all attempt to talk to me was much as possible even though I have absolutely horrible Japanese.  I have a group of friends with me everywhere I go.  We are always laughing and joking.  They want to know a lot about America.  They ask me a lots about my home and stuff.  I feel kind of strange when I say that I drive and my hobbies are golf and horseback riding.  I think it might be sending a false impression of myself.  Everyone thinks it is super cool how I have a house with many rooms and a big pool.  Apparently no one has a personal pool in Japan.    Anyway I feel like am idol or something here!  People give me gifts too!  I get messaged by my classmates every night and I have so many planned outings with many of them coming up.   I am even going on the school trip to Hokkaido for 5 days in June!  I am super stoked :D

One problem.  I cannot choose a club to join.  I have been invited to so many different ones, I can't choose!!!! I visited the tea club and it seems fun, but Argh can't choose!!!!  I want to pick one sooon.

Ughh my school shoes gave me a huge blister on my left foot.  My friend Minori noticed my foot bleeding on the first day!Why are my shoes small RIP.  Its healing though.

Classes here are all kept at the same level.  Nothing seems to be specialized.  The math is very easy for me.  I did most of the material in Algebra  2 in 9th grade.  The English classes are taught almost all in Japanese.  I wonder how anyone could learn English like that.  No wonder English is hard for many of them.  There is a lot of emphasis on translation in the material too.  The English teachers often ask me to say things in English or verify statements for them.  The class goes wild each time I speak in English.  The really like my American accent apparently.  All the textbooks are very small and none of them are hard covered.  I wish I could read them,  They are all filled with very difficult kanji.  I have some super fun classes here. I have a tea class, a flower arranging class, and a traditional dance class !!!  All of them are so coool.  Ther is very little homework!  Or at least most of it is easy. All tests are delivered during morning homeroom period.
The foreign Australian teachers are very nice.  The guy doesn't have a right hand :0

I probably forgot a lot of stuff...............................

Guess who's the tallest
I might bring forgotten stuff up if I remember to on future posts.

Funny things I noticed about Japanese School:

  • Not the behavior explained during orientation ( Kids are late to class, speak to the teacher very informally)
  • Teachers talk a lot about their boyfriends and life problems during class
  • Half the students blatantly sleep during class and the teacher doesn't do anything about it
  • Everyone is super loud and rambunctious.  Much more than you would ever see in America
  • Screaming fills the hallways
  • Everyone is very touchy ( I get hugged a lot and friends pull on my skirt.  Hand holding too )
  • Senpai culture is strong.  Even I get bowed to by 1st years.
  • HOMEROOM TWICE A DAY
  • I HAVE SCHOOL ON SATURDAY
  • school ends at like 5 pm
  • Sweep the classroom after school with very old 50's songs blasting thru the speakers of the school
  • No room for a soccer field in an inner-city school
  • Kpop and Jpop blast during lunch
  • NO one buys lunch
  • We however do buy coffee from vending machines daily
  • We have like 2 different math and English classes
  • Classes are very short
  • Yes this is an anime .  Everyone fits a stereotype.  Even me.


Osaka Castle!
Meanwhile,

Homestuck finished.  RIP me.  //casually rereads//  Maybe I'll cosplay Mindfang when I get back to America.  I owe it to my past self.

Koushi seems to like me better because of my Netflix LOL.  He likes to watch the cartoons available for streaming :D
I went to Osaka Castle!!  Talk about magnificent!





My host family also took me to Nara!  It was super beautiful and the deer were very cute and friendly.  It was awesome petting them!

OMG I can just feel the countless things I forgot to put in here.  RIP.  Guess that's what I get for not posting in forever.

Bye guys!!

Elizabeth


No comments:

Post a Comment