Friday, July 1, 2016

I'm SOOOO SOrryy

Okay guys, I've been gone from my blog for about 8 weeks?  I'm sorry, like all of my past blogs, I completely forgot they existed.  Sorry guys!  I'll try my best to post more, though the posts probably won't be as in depth as my other posts.  Just too many cool things have been happening, I simply can't write about it all!

So, I've been living in Japan for about 3 months now.  I feel like I'm pretty well adapted.  I know the subway system well and my neighborhood like the back of my hand.  I also have gained confidence in speaking Japanese;  I am not as nervous when asking for help or buying things.

School life has been pretty good too!  I have been integrated into my friend groups and I feel like I'm one of the Ohtani girls now XD.  I joined the calligraphy club too.  I have gone out with my friends many times after school to eat dinner or go shopping.  Being in an urban area really has its perks when it comes to shopping!  Aside from the dinner and shopping dates, my friends have taken me sightseeing in Kyoto and also Universal Studios Japan.  I couldn't ask for better friends to be honest.  They are all so nice and sweet.

A few weeks ago, my school had a big sports competition for all the classes.  Each homeroom class was a team in volleyball, and the classes had a huge tournament against each other.  Each class made banners and cute personalized towels and fans.  They spelled something wrong on the poster but I didn't have the heart to tell them LOL.  Everyone worked together to make the class gear and the teamwork was something to marvel.  I was picked to be on my classes A team, even though I literally had no volleyball skills.  My team won 2 games and lost 2 games.  Everyone was ecstatic and screaming when we won, but would literally crumble and breakdown in tears when they lost.  I was surprised with how competitive everyone was.  Despite the tears, 2-B's class spirit was still strong, and we all had a great day.  I was only disappointed that I forgot my sunblock and my arms got super tan.

A couple weeks after the sports competition day, all the 2nd years went on the 5 day long school trip to Hokkaido!  It was a huge production filled with many activities.  We stayed at 3 different beautiful hotels.  We went rafting and cycling which was a whole lot of fun.  We had to wear wet suits when we went rafting and the water was very cold.  The bumps and fast parts of the river made everyone scream.  It was very exhilarating.  Our cycling adventure went around the countryside of Hokkaido, and the air was so clean and fresh I wanted to breathe it forever.  Hokkaido is probably the greenest place I have ever been. We had a bike race to the midpoint, and I came in 3rd!  However, my back and legs were sooo sore; the bike was too small for me RIP.    On other days we went to the Asahiyama Zoo and an Ainu museum.  An Ainu man taught me an Ainu dance.  What a cultural experience.  They seem pretty similar to the Inuit people in North America.  One night we stayed in a traditional Japanese Hotel.  There was an onsen which was fun, but super awkward at the same time.  My only disappointment about the trip was seeing horse oil products everywhere.  Completely disgusting.  I would have lost my mind if I had to keep seeing those products.   I'm going to put that company out of business mark my words.  Other than being upset about the horse oil, I was sad that I didn't own a digital camera.  Phones were not allowed on the trip, so I couldn't take any pictures of my own.  At least my friends took many pictures of me!

Regarding academics,  I have now private Japanese lessons each day at school.  It has been helping my Japanese skills enormously.  When Reiko's grandma came over again, she said my Japanese has improved a lot.  I'm so glad that there has been a noticeable change.  However, I still am nowhere near fluent. Also, I have learned about 150 different kanjis!  I hope to learn 300 by 6 months in Japan.  It is a tough goal, but I'll just do my best.

I have been going to many BBQs, get-togethers, shopping trips, etc.  It is simply too much for me to write about.  Maybe when you meet me in person I can go into more depth!

Asahiyama Zoo!

Hokkaido Squad


So pretty!

Hokkaido <3

Hokkaido Miso Ramen!!

Dessertttt

Limo Bus!


Minori <3

Class + 1 Intern Teacher

Mi-chan!

Sports day!!


Time to feast

Class Banner!
In Namba!  (Everyone wanted my steak LMAO)
Class 2B on Sports Day!

This cake partfait was tooooo big

Osaka Tower!


Udon picture because I love udon

Abeno Harukas

Kyoto with Yuki and Ayaka!

I wonder how many trees died to make this path

Cat Cafe!

Pearl Bridge in Kobe!

Kobe with Host Dad and Little Bro

Kobe Bay!

NICE RAMEN

USJ with the other Yuki! (Shes a punk omg i love her)

Woah that's a lot of pictures.  Maybe I should make a FB album!

-Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment